Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My First

So I decided to start my own blog. I feel like putting my thoughts in words, and I am not the journal type of guy, so this is the way I am going to do it. The main reason I thought of Blogging is today's headline on, well a lot of different places. DEATH BY BLOGGING. No, I do not want to die. But it did get my thinking. This is the perfect thing to do to have a sense that I can have a place to say what I am thinking about one of my favorite things to learn about. American Politics.

Since this is my first posting, it would be appropriate to start off with the 4 main players in American Politics right now.

1. George Walker Bush AKA "The Decider"

As a wise man once said "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again". And that wise man was the President of the United States of America.

As countries around the world look into the USA we are all thinking WHAT THE FUCK were you thinking. The first time around was okay because he had not had the chance to show you what type of President he was. The second time around. Come on.

I must say though, I love watching President Bush give speeches. He makes no sense 90% of the time. It is fairly obvious he does not read the prepared speeches very often. This man can not even formulate his own sentences.

I find it so mind blowing that a President with an approval rating lower than 35% that this President actually made it to a second term. All the number one issues, the economy, the war in Iraq, has all been created by this President. He has not only ruined the country but the countries image. My 6 year old son could have been C 'N' C (That is my short hand for Commander and Chief) and ran the country on a better track than it is now. It is a shame that all of those sons, father, brothers, and sisters were lost in Iraq when the true battle to be fought is in Afghanistan. That is where the war on Terror should be taking place. Where Al Quida actually has been proven to be operating and has been proven to be terrorizing.

I guess the bottom line is this, I do not like the Bush as a president. I think he'd be awesome to get drunk with. Probably be on the floor pissing your pants laughing. The guy everyone drinks with just because he's so damn stupid he makes you bawl your eyes out laughing so hard.

2. John Sidney McCain III

I really like Senator McCain. I do not want him to be the next President, but I do genuinely like him. I believe that what has been said about the Bush administration getting four more years in the White House is a very accurate portrayal of what the presidency of John McCain.

The War in Iraq another 100 year possibly. That would be enough just to say no for me. The money that has been spent in 5 years. Even if you only spent a 10th of that over the next five years, which is highly unlikely, once you hit the 50 year mark you would have spent 50 to 60 trillion dollars. That a 5 with 13 zeros after it. Does that amount of money even exist. Well it does and you are working for it. And they can say oh 50 to a hundred years is just an estimate. Sure maybe it is, but you can be sure that if Senator McCain becomes President America will be at war for at least another 4 to 8 years.

My opinion on John McCain concludes on this, if you support the war, support McCain. If you support a better economy, soldiers lives, and the well being of the United States support anything but a Republican.

2. Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton


I think from recent events it would be clear what type of candidate you will end up with if Senator Clinton wins the nomination. It was a split decision for me, well that is if i was allowed to participate, on which democratic candidate should win the nomination. They both seemed to have very similar views and were both a major change in American history. Women vs. Black. I will tell you why I now believe Hillary Clinton is no longer a good candidate,

She fabricates stories. The snipers, the women and baby without coverage. If you are deciding to lie about something make sure all proof is gone. Otherwise in today’s world with the Media and the Internet, the truth will come out. You should have learned the lesson from your husband.

I also believe that the wrong direction the Dem. Caucus is going is mainly due to Senator Clinton. The major hard left hooks at Senator Obama are mainly coming from the Clinton campaign.

I heard on CNN today that John McCain has spent very little money in comparison to everyone else running. I believe this is because they are doing all the work for him. He doesn't have to so ads to bash the Dem candidates. They are running the ads themselves.

My opinion on Hillary Clinton is she should not be the first female President. Senator Clinton’s title should remain the same. Plus give someone else a chance. Just like Gov. Richardson said, the Bush’s had 12 years, the Clintons had 8. The country is not in the shape it should be. Let someone else fresh a new run the country.

4. Barack Hussien Obama

Senator Obama is who I am rooting for. He glows the image of change. The world is changing and so should the leaders of the world. He gives me more on a sense of future than anybody else on the ticket. If my opinion mattered to the way anybody voted I would sway there vote this way.

It has been said that Senator Obama is just words, done up in an appealing package. Mistake me if I am wrong but would you say oh Dr King’s “I Have A Dream Speech” just words, or did it actually mean something to the millions of men and women who were treated poorly because of a physical feature that was completely and utterly out of their control. Words are a powerful weapon. They can spark imagination, inspire people, and also tear people to pieces. I say words are where it begins.

The only problem I see with electing Senator Obama is, yes I am going to say it, he’s black. And I am not saying he’s less of a leader. What this means is racism is not going to end. It never has and never will. And I think that just like Martin Luther King Jr, some white supremacist is going to shit his pants when a black man is in power of his country. And just like what happened to Martin Luther King Jr, this man is going to attempt to kill him. They say history repeats itself. Well I hope that if Barack Obama is elected President it is proven wrong.

So my opinion on Obama is that he would be a breath of fresh air to the world community. On the other hand I fear for his life. President’s have been assassinated before and people have been killed for the colour of their skin.

The American elections are as significant to Canada as the Canadian elections, which also take place this year. The United States of America are our brothers and sisters directly to the south. What impacts the States impacts Canada and impacts the world.

I like to close with an explanation of how the economy works from the President of the United States of America. Maybe it will help the US economy build up a little if it can be read over again: “You know, when you give a man more money in his pocket—in this case, a woman more money in her pocket to expand a business, it—they build new buildings. And when somebody builds a new building somebody has got to come and build the building. And when the building expanded it prevented additional opportunities for people to work."

No comments: